Eilean Donan Castle
Urquhart Castle
Brodie Castle
Beautiful, all of them. In Kates book it talks about a beautiful castle Hannahs grandmother lives in. SO I had a need to check out some castles that might have inspired the castle in the book.
These are what I think of when I think of the castle. I was looking into gardens but nothing quite fit what I was thinking of.






















13 comments:
Ohmygosh! I prefer Irish castles (IRELAND!!!!!!!) but Scottish castles are just as good! Very pretty, I don't like Brodie Castle, it's too modern. Urquhart and Eilean Donan are more of my style :D
Thanks for posting!
Wow. Super cool post. Great idea!
Wow. If that doesn't inspire you to sit down and write a period romance, I don't know what would.
Gorgeous! I love them all! Eilean Donan is my favorite!
Beautiful!
And I must say, I love the blog layout.
So beautiful!
I would love to live in the Brodie castle.
*dies*
You do know it's my goal in life to live in a moldering castle, right? *grin*
*WANTS!!*
so pretty!
My great-aunts used to keep shortbread in a tin with a picture of Eilean Donan castle on it and every time she passed it to us she told us that was the Mackenzie clan castle (my family were Mackenzies about 5 generations ago!) So of course we always thought it was OUR castle and I used to long to live there. We went there last year & I'ds till like to live there, though only in summer and only after proper plumbing was installed. And of course, it hasn't been lived in by a Mackenzie since Stuart times!
Liz, I love these castle photos! Thanks for sharing.
I have an award for you here:
http://a-long-the-way.blogspot.com/2010/02/prolific-blogger-award.html
ooH! The Eilean Donan castle is my favorite! Awesome!
These are gorgeous! I want to go to them all!
Excellent idea, thanks for posting these! I can easily see The Puzzle Ring being set somewhere like this. :D
Post a Comment