I swore I would start reading more books with a little scare to them. I have heard nothing but positives about The Thirteenth Chime. So did it live up to the hype? Absolutely!
Destiny has a great life one that many would strive for. She is engaged and finishing school. She is heading to her friend Stephanie mother's beach house. After a grandfather clock that was pulled down from the attic chimed 13 times. All hell broke loose. I won't go into details but it is a freaky book and I will never own a Grandfather clock! While Destiny is trying to deal with the aftermath of all that has happened she calls on her ex, David. A guy she said no to marry after a traumatic accident. Though you don't get to know Scott the man she is engaged too as much as you'd like, you can tell he is a great guy. David also was a great catch, you can feel the tension between Destiny and David.
I don't want to go into huge detail but you do find answers in The Thirteenth Chime. A gut punching thriller, mystery, and a tale that will haunt you. I loved the writing style of Emma Michaels. I will read any and all books she comes forth with in the future.
This does sound like a little scarefest! At first I thought it might be the sequel to Chime, but now I see that it is not. Great review, Liz! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this one so much!
I enjoy creepy books too! This one has been lying on my shelf for a long time - I need to get to it soon. I am glad to know that it lives up to the hype.
I didn't really know much about this book before now, but it really does sound good! I love books with a little creepy/scare factor in them, so I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR list!
This is good to know because I've been curious about this book for a long time. I'm glad the book doesn't leave you hanging and you actually get some answers.
I'm all things bookish. Except I do it while living a fun and crazy life.
Book Reviews Amongst the Chaos.
Authors, Publishers, and Publicists: If you would like me to review a book or have something you would like me to post, please feel free to email me or you can click the tab that says "Contact me."
Cleverlyinked@yahoo.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
All reviews and opinions are my own. They are under no influence, and I receive no monetary compensation. Cleverly inked is for personal use.
13 comments:
This does sound like a little scarefest! At first I thought it might be the sequel to Chime, but now I see that it is not. Great review, Liz! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this one so much!
Thanks Liz, I've been wondering about this book for some time!
That's so cool. It sounds like a really good read for Halloween. ;) Very creepy!
How great that reading outside your normal comfort zone turned out so well!
It has been quite some time since I read a book with any scare in it. I am glad you tried this one
I enjoy creepy books too! This one has been lying on my shelf for a long time - I need to get to it soon. I am glad to know that it lives up to the hype.
It sounds like a pretty scary read! Probably not something I would usually pick up since I'm a big wuss when it comes to anything scary.
I can't wait until her next book comes out. I definitely want more!
O this sounds so so so good. I want to try it. So glad you dug it. Thanks for the review.
I didn't really know much about this book before now, but it really does sound good! I love books with a little creepy/scare factor in them, so I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR list!
Oh that is exactly why I didn't pick this one up... the hype. Now, I am rethinking my stance. Looks like I'll wishlist it. :)
This is good to know because I've been curious about this book for a long time. I'm glad the book doesn't leave you hanging and you actually get some answers.
Thanks for the review, Liz.
Ooo I'm hooked. Great review!
Post a Comment