Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Nothing Lasts Forever; Rebecca Harris













Reading level: Not Rated

Digital: 31 pages
Sold by Amazon


Synopsis

Avivah, Nikki, Ali, and Beth had been friends since anyone could remember. They did everything together, until one fateful night when everything changed: Their worlds were upended and one of them never came home again. Nothing Lasts Forever is a tale of guilt, sorrow, and consequences.





My Review


    I gave this 3 stars due to the way it was written. If the plot hadn't had such a surprise ending I may have given it 2 star.  The descriptions in the book were robotical, almost seemed forced. They didn't have the flow I would have expected. Even though it was a short book I expected to know the characters verse being told about them. Between the awkward descriptions It didn't give you the connection to the characters. In example Avivah's boyfriend Sean was forgotten by the end of the book.


    Nothing Lasts Forever is written about a very serious topic, drinking and driving. I have been hit by a drunk driver so I was intrigued to see how this played out. I am disappointed but also satisfied in a strange way. I wish there would have been a more realistic approach, but it wouldn't have worked with Rebecca Harris' ending. Avivah (main character, sorta) may have come off as the more level headed but she was far from it, to find out why I say that you'll have to read the book. In the end, I would say this is a great read if you ran out of other "spooky" books. I also see HUGE potential in Rebecca's writing. She is one to watch for.



This is being offered generously on Amazon right now for free. Find it here.





No comments: